Is your DJI controller failing to connect to your phone?
Nothing is more frustrating than being unable to control your drone due to a faulty connection.
In this article, we will explore the common issues faced by drone enthusiasts like you and provide solutions to get your controller up and running in no time.
Discover how to connect your DJI controller to your Android phone or iPhone, troubleshoot connection problems, pair your controller correctly, reset it if necessary, and understand the reasons behind blinking lights.
Stay informed about DJI refresh and learn how to connect your DJI smart controller to DJI Assistant 2.
How do I connect my DJI controller to my Android phone?
If you’re facing connectivity issues between your DJI controller and Android phone, follow these steps to establish a seamless connection:
- Ensure Compatibility: Make sure your DJI controller is compatible with your Android phone. Refer to the DJI’s official website for a list of compatible devices.
- Charge and Power On: Ensure that both your DJI controller and Android phone are powered on and have sufficient charge.
- Enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi: Go to your Android phone’s settings and enable both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Turn on Controller: Power on your DJI controller and activate the linking mode.
- Access Settings: On your Android phone, navigate to the settings menu and select the “Connections” or “Network & Internet” options.
- Pairing: Under the relevant section, select “Bluetooth” and locate your DJI controller’s name in the list of available devices. Tap on it to initiate the pairing process. Follow any on-screen instructions if prompted.
- Connect to Wi-Fi: Return to the previous settings menu and select “Wi-Fi.” Locate your DJI controller’s Wi-Fi network, usually prefixed with “DJI” or a similar identifier. Tap on it to establish a connection.
- Launch the App: Launch the DJI app on your Android phone. The controller should now be successfully connected, allowing you to control your DJI device.
By following these steps, you should be able to connect your DJI controller to your Android phone effortlessly. If you continue facing difficulties, consult DJI’s customer support or refer to their online resources for further troubleshooting assistance.
Why won’t my drone connect to the controller?
If you are facing issues connecting your DJI controller to your phone, there could be several reasons behind it. Here are some common troubleshooting steps you can follow:
- Check compatibility: Ensure that your phone model is compatible with the DJI controller you are using. Refer to the DJI website to verify compatibility.
- Enable airplane mode: Switch on airplane mode on your phone to avoid any interference from other wireless signals that may hinder the connection process.
- Reset connections: Turn off both your phone and controller, then restart them. Once rebooted, attempt to reconnect the controller to your phone.
- Update firmware: Ensure that both your phone’s operating system and the DJI controller firmware are up to date. Outdated software can often cause connectivity issues.
- Remove obstacles: Ensure there are no physical obstructions interfering with the connection between the controller and your phone, such as metal objects or electronic devices.
If the problem persists after following these steps, you may need to seek further assistance from DJI customer support. They have a team of experts who can provide you with additional troubleshooting steps specific to your situation.
How do I pair my DJI controller?
If you are facing connection issues between your DJI controller and phone, here are a few steps to help you pair them:
- Ensure compatibility: Make sure your DJI controller and phone are compatible. Check the DJI website for the list of supported devices.
- Update firmware: Update the firmware of your DJI controller and the DJI app on your phone to the latest versions. Outdated firmware can cause connection problems.
- Enable Bluetooth and Location: On your phone, enable Bluetooth and location services. These are essential for establishing a connection.
- Restart devices: Turn off your DJI controller and phone, then turn them back on. Sometimes a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues.
- Clear cache: In the DJI app settings, clear the cache to remove any corrupt data that might be hindering the connection.
- Forget previous connections: If you have previously paired your DJI controller with another device, make sure to forget that connection in your phone’s Bluetooth settings before attempting to pair it again.
- Repair: In the DJI app, navigate to the controller settings and initiate the pairing process. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the pairing successfully.
After following these steps, your DJI controller should be successfully paired with your phone, resolving the connection issue and allowing you to enjoy a seamless flying experience.
Why is my DJI drone controller not working?
If you encounter issues with your DJI drone controller not connecting to your phone, several factors may contribute to the problem. Below are some potential reasons:
- Compatibility: Ensure that your phone is compatible with the DJI drone. Check for the recommended device list on the DJI website or in the product’s user manual.
- App Version: Verify that both your DJI app and firmware are up to date. Outdated software can lead to connection problems.
- USB Cable and Connector: Use an original USB cable and securely connect it to your phone. Faulty cables or loose connections may prevent communication between the controller and your device.
- Interference: Environmental factors such as electromagnetic interference, nearby power lines, or strong Wi-Fi signals can disrupt the controller’s connection. Move away from these sources or switch to a different location.
- Controller Battery: Ensure the controller battery has sufficient charge. Low battery levels might affect the controller’s functionality.
- Device Settings: Double-check that your phone’s settings allow USB connections and that you have granted necessary permissions for the DJI app.
If troubleshooting these potential issues doesn’t resolve the problem, contact DJI customer support for further assistance. They can provide specific instructions tailored to your situation and device.
How do I reset my DJI drone controller?
If you’re facing difficulties connecting your DJI controller to your phone, a reset might help resolve the issue. Here are the steps to reset your DJI drone controller:
- Power off your drone and controller: Ensure both your drone and controller are turned off.
- Charge your controller: Connect your controller to a power source and let it charge fully.
- Press and hold the power button: Locate the power button on your controller, usually located on the top or side. Press and hold the power button until the controller powers on.
- Reset to default settings: Once the controller is powered on, simultaneously press and hold the C1 and C2 buttons, usually located on the back. Keep holding both buttons until the controller beeps and the LED lights start flashing rapidly.
- Reconnect your phone: After resetting the controller, try reconnecting it to your phone following the standard connection process for your specific DJI drone model.
By performing a reset on your DJI drone controller, you can often resolve connectivity issues and re-establish a connection with your phone.
Remember to consult the instruction manual or refer to the DJI website for model-specific instructions, as the reset procedure may vary slightly across different DJI drone controllers.
How do I connect my DJI mini controller to my phone?
If you’re facing difficulties connecting your DJI controller to your phone, here are some steps to troubleshoot:
- Ensure compatibility: Make sure your phone is compatible with the DJI controller. Check the DJI website for the list of supported devices.
- Update firmware: Ensure that both your DJI controller and phone have the latest firmware versions installed. Out-of-date firmware can cause connectivity issues.
- Enable Bluetooth: Turn on the Bluetooth function on both your phone and controller. This is essential for establishing a connection.
- Reset networking settings: Sometimes, network settings on your phone can interfere with the connection. Resetting the networking settings can resolve this issue.
- Pairing process: Follow the specific pairing instructions provided by DJI. Typically, this involves holding the power button on the controller until it enters pairing mode.
- Restart and retry: If all else fails, try restarting both your phone and the DJI controller, then attempt the pairing process again.
By following these steps, you should be able to establish a successful connection between your DJI controller and phone. If you continue to experience problems, contact DJI support for further assistance.
Why is my DJI controller blinking?
If you find your DJI controller blinking, it can indicate a possible issue with the connection between your controller and your phone. Here are some potential reasons for this problem:
- Low battery: Ensure that your controller has sufficient battery charge as a low battery can interfere with the connection. Charge it fully to rule out this possibility.
- Bluetooth pairing: Make sure that the DJI controller is properly paired with your phone’s Bluetooth. Check your phone’s settings to see if the controller is connected. If not, try repairing them by following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Interference: Environmental factors such as other wireless devices, electronic signals, or physical obstructions can disrupt the connection. Move away from potential sources of interference to establish a stable Bluetooth connection.
- Controller firmware: Outdated firmware can cause connectivity issues between the controller and your phone. Check for any available firmware updates on the DJI website or through the DJI app and update your controller if necessary.
- Phone software: Ensure that your phone’s software is up to date. Sometimes outdated software can prevent a successful connection between the controller and your phone.
- Controller compatibility: Verify that your DJI controller is compatible with your specific phone model. Refer to the DJI website or the product documentation for any compatibility information or requirements.
- Physical damage: Physical damage to the controller or its ports can also interfere with connectivity. Inspect your controller for any signs of damage and consider contacting DJI support if needed.
By troubleshooting these possible causes, you may be able to resolve the issue and establish a successful connection between your DJI controller and your phone.
Why is my DJI controller not connecting to my iPhone?
If you are facing connectivity issues between your DJI controller and your iPhone, it can be frustrating. However, there are several potential reasons and solutions to this problem:
- Compatibility: Ensure that your DJI controller and iPhone are compatible. Check the user manual or the DJI website for a list of supported devices.
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi: Make sure your iPhone’s Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are turned on and not connected to other devices.
- Distance: Maintain a close proximity between your controller and iPhone, as excessive distance can weaken the connection.
- Weak signal: Ensure there are no obstacles blocking the signal between the controller and your iPhone, and avoid interference from other electronic devices.
- Software updates: Keep your DJI app and the firmware on your controller and iPhone up to date to avoid compatibility issues.
- Restart: Try restarting both your controller and iPhone, as this can often resolve temporary connection problems.
- Forget and reconnect: On your iPhone, forget the DJI controller from the Bluetooth settings and then reconnect it again.
- Reinstall app: If all else fails, try uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI app on your iPhone to eliminate any software glitches.
By following these troubleshooting steps, you can resolve the issue of your DJI controller not connecting to your iPhone. Remember to double-check your connections and update your devices regularly to ensure a smooth and reliable connection between them.
How do I connect my DJI smart controller to DJI assistant 2?
Connecting your DJI smart controller to DJI assistant 2 is essential when troubleshooting issues with the connection between your DJI controller and phone. Follow these steps to ensure a successful connection:
- Connect your DJI smart controller to your computer using a USB cable.
- Launch DJI assistant 2 on your computer.
- Ensure that your DJI smart controller is turned on.
- In DJI assistant 2, select the ‘Device’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Connect’ button located next to the controller icon.
- Wait for DJI assistant 2 to establish a connection with your DJI smart controller.
- Once connected, you will see the controller information displayed in DJI assistant 2.
- If the connection fails, try using a different USB port on your computer or a different USB cable.
- Ensure that you have the latest version of DJI assistant 2 installed on your computer.
Following these steps should help you establish a connection between your DJI smart controller and DJI assistant 2. If you continue to experience issues, it may be beneficial to reach out to DJI support for further assistance.
Is DJI refresh worth it?
When you encounter problems like your DJI controller not connecting to your phone, it’s natural to wonder if DJI Refresh is a worthwhile investment. DJI Refresh is an optional protection plan offered by DJI that provides coverage for accidental damage to your drone, including the controller.
Here are 3 key considerations to help you decide if DJI Refresh is worth it:
- Cost savings: DJI Refresh covers accidental damage that may occur during normal use, giving you peace of mind knowing that repair costs are significantly reduced. Instead of paying for expensive repairs or replacements, you’ll only need to pay a small service fee.
- Extended coverage: The standard warranty provided by DJI has limited coverage and may not include accidental damage. DJI Refresh extends your coverage and protects against more scenarios, making it a valuable option for those who want comprehensive protection for their drone and controller.
- Convenience: Accidents happen, and being covered by DJI Refresh means you can quickly and easily have your equipment repaired or replaced. This can save you time and frustration, especially when you rely on your drone for professional or recreational purposes.
As an avid drone pilot dealing with connectivity issues between your DJI controller and phone, considering DJI Refresh is a wise choice. It provides cost savings, extended coverage, and convenience, giving you the assurance that you can continue enjoying your drone without the worry of unexpected repair costs.
In closing, understanding why your DJI controller may not be connecting to your phone is crucial for an uninterrupted flight experience.
By following the steps to connect, pair, and troubleshoot your controller, you can overcome these challenges.
Remember to reset the controller if necessary and check for any blinking indicators that may provide clues to the issue at hand.
Additionally, it is essential to ensure compatibility between your DJI controller and your specific mobile device.
With these key takeaways, you can confidently resolve connectivity issues and enjoy smooth flights with your DJI drone.
Hi, my name is Andrew Mcdonald and I am the editor and techincal wizard at Drones-Pro.
I bought my first drone in 2012 and my passion for flying has only grown from there. I love drones and together with Josh Hayden have been an expert on Drones for over 8 years.
I was raised in Iowa, but have since moved to Austin, Texas along with my wife and 2 dogs.