Are you experiencing issues with your DJI Osmo 3 Gimbal?
Wondering how to reset it back to its factory settings?
Look no further!
In this article, we will guide you through the process of resetting your DJI Osmo 3 Gimbal step by step.
But that’s not all!
We will also cover topics like why your gimbal might not be working, how to recalibrate it, and how to update the firmware.
Additionally, we’ll address questions about the DJI Gimbal app, compatibility with Android devices, and even help you choose the best gimbal on the market.
So, let’s dive in and get your DJI Osmo 3 Gimbal back on track!
Why is my DJI Osmo gimbal not working?
If you are experiencing issues with your DJI Osmo 3 gimbal and it’s not functioning properly, there could be a few reasons for this. Remember, before trying any troubleshooting steps, it’s always a good idea to check if your gimbal’s battery is charged.
- Calibration issues: Sometimes, the gimbal may require calibration to function correctly. Follow these steps:
- Ensure the gimbal is switched on.
- Hold the gimbal horizontally and press the Mode (M) button three times until the indicator light turns yellow.
- Rotate the gimbal horizontally and vertically in all directions until the indicator light turns green.
- Wait for the gimbal to finish its calibration process.
- Bluetooth connectivity problems: If you’re unable to connect your DJI Osmo 3 gimbal to your smartphone or tablet, ensure that the Bluetooth is enabled on both devices. If it still doesn’t work, try disabling and re-enabling Bluetooth or restarting both devices.
- Software or firmware issues: Outdated software or firmware can lead to functionality problems. Check the DJI website for any available updates and follow the instructions to install them.
- Physical damage: Inspect your gimbal for any signs of physical damage or obstructions that may impede its operation. If you notice any damage, contact DJI support for assistance.
Remember to consult the DJI Osmo 3 gimbal user manual as well for specific troubleshooting steps. If the issue persists after trying these solutions, consider contacting DJI’s customer support for further assistance.
How do you recalibrate Osmo 3?
If you are experiencing issues with your DJI Osmo 3 gimbal, recalibrating it may help resolve the problem. Follow these steps to recalibrate your Osmo 3:
- Ensure a stable surface: Find a level and stable surface to set your Osmo 3 gimbal on. This will provide accurate calibration.
- Turn on your Osmo 3: Press and hold the power button for a few seconds until the gimbal is powered on.
- Wait for initialization: Allow the Osmo 3 gimbal to complete its initialization process. This is indicated by the LED lights turning solid green.
- Enter Recalibrate Mode: Press and hold the M button and the trigger button simultaneously. After a few seconds, the Osmo 3 will enter recalibrate mode, indicated by the LED lights flashing.
- Recalibrate the axis: Hold the gimbal steady and rotate it along each axis. Start with the yaw axis (left and right), followed by the pitch axis (up and down), and finally the roll axis (sideways tilt). Rotate each axis slowly and smoothly.
- Exit recalibrate mode: Once you have completed the recalibration process, press the trigger button once to exit recalibrate mode. The gimbal will then return to normal operation.
Recalibrating your Osmo 3 gimbal should help address any misalignment or stability issues you may be experiencing. Following these steps will ensure a successful recalibration process.
How do I update my DJI Osmo 3?
If you’re wondering how to update your DJI Osmo 3 gimbal, follow these simple steps:
- First, ensure that your DJI Osmo 3 is connected to your mobile device via Bluetooth. Open the DJI Mimo app on your device to continue.
- In the app, tap on your profile icon located at the top left corner of the screen. This will take you to the “Me” section.
- Scroll down until you see the “Settings” option and tap on it.
- Within the settings menu, select “DJI Osmo 3” and then choose “Firmware Update”.
- If an update is available for your Osmo 3, you will see it listed. Tap on the update option.
- Before proceeding with the update, ensure that your DJI Osmo 3 is fully charged, as low battery levels may interrupt the process.
- Once you’ve confirmed the update, follow the on-screen instructions to initiate the firmware update. This process may take a few minutes, so be patient and avoid interrupting it.
- After the update is complete, restart your DJI Osmo 3 gimbal. Your device is now updated and ready to use with the latest firmware.
By keeping your DJI Osmo 3 up to date, you can experience improved stability, enhanced performance, and access to the latest features and bug fixes. Remember to periodically check for firmware updates to make the most out of your DJI Osmo 3 gimbal.
What app is used for the DJI Osmo 3?
When it comes to controlling and customizing your DJI Osmo 3 gimbal, you will need to use the dedicated app designed by DJI, called DJI Mimo. This app is essential for getting the most out of your Osmo 3 and unlocking its full potential.
DJI Mimo is a feature-rich application that offers a wide range of capabilities to enhance your video shooting experience. It is available for both iOS and Android devices, ensuring compatibility with a majority of smartphones and tablets.
Here are some notable features of the DJI Mimo app:
- ActiveTrack: This feature enables you to select a subject on your screen, and the gimbal will automatically track and follow it, ensuring smooth and stabilized footage.
- Gesture Control: With this feature, you can easily control your Osmo 3 gimbal using simple hand gestures, allowing you to start or stop recording, capture photos, and more, without touching your mobile device.
- Timelapse and Motionlapse: DJI Mimo provides intuitive controls for creating stunning timelapse and motionlapse videos, adding a creative touch to your footage.
- Story Mode: You can choose from a variety of pre-set templates and create captivating videos with music, effects, and filters, making your content stand out on social media.
By using the DJI Mimo app, you can easily control and configure your Osmo 3 gimbal, access advanced shooting modes, and make adjustments to settings such as exposure, ISO, and white balance, ensuring your footage meets your creative vision perfectly.
Can you use Osmo 3 without app?
Yes, you can use the DJI Osmo 3 Gimbal without the app. While the app offers additional features, using the Osmo 3 without it is still possible. Here are a few things you can do:
- Basic operation: Without the app, you can still power on/off the Osmo 3 and use it for basic stabilization. Simply press and hold the power button until the indicator turns green, and you’re ready to go.
- Joystick control: The joystick on the Osmo 3 allows you to control the direction and angle of the gimbal. Use the joystick to adjust the camera’s position and capture stable footage.
- Trigger button: The trigger button on the Osmo 3 serves multiple functions. A single press will re-center the camera, while a double press will quickly switch between portrait and landscape modes. Long-pressing the trigger enables the ActiveTrack mode to track subjects automatically.
- Gesture control: Without the app, you can still utilize gesture control features. Double-tap the trigger button to rotate the phone for a selfie or triple-tap it to switch between the front and rear cameras.
While the above functionalities allow you to use the Osmo 3 without the app, it’s important to note that the app provides advanced features like ActiveTrack, TimeLapse, and Panorama, along with firmware updates and various settings customization. For the best experience with the DJI Osmo 3, it is recommended to download and use the DJI Mimo app.
Is it safe to install firmware?
When it comes to resetting your DJI Osmo 3 Gimbal, it’s important to consider the safety of firmware installation. Firmware updates are essential for improving device performance, adding new features, and fixing any potential issues.
Before proceeding with any firmware installation, make sure to follow these crucial steps:
- Research and verification: Visit the official DJI website and navigate to the Osmo 3 Gimbal support page. Look for firmware release notes and ensure compatibility with your specific model and hardware version.
- Backup your data: Prior to installing any firmware, it’s highly recommended to back up any important data or settings to prevent loss in case of unforeseen issues.
- Stable power source: Ensure your DJI Osmo 3 Gimbal is fully charged or connected to a reliable power source during the firmware installation to avoid any disruptions.
- Stable internet connection: A stable and uninterrupted internet connection is vital for a successful firmware update. Use a high-speed and reliable network without any bandwidth issues.
By following these precautions, you can significantly reduce the risk of encountering firmware-related problems. However, if you do experience any difficulties during or after the installation, reach out to DJI customer support for professional assistance.
How to factory reset DJI Osmo Mobile 3
Resetting your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 gimbal to its factory settings can help resolve various issues or prepare it for a fresh start. Follow these steps to perform a factory reset:
- Start by turning off your DJI Osmo Mobile 3. Press and hold the power button until the LED indicator switches off.
- Press and hold the M button and the trigger button simultaneously.
- While holding the buttons, power on the gimbal by pressing the power button once. Keep holding the M button and trigger button until the LED indicator starts flashing rapidly.
- Release the M button and trigger button. The LED indicator will continue flashing for a while.
- Now connect your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 to your smartphone using the provided USB cable.
- Launch the DJI Mimo app on your smartphone and wait for it to connect to the gimbal.
- Once connected, navigate to the Settings menu within the app.
- Select the “Advanced Settings” option, then choose “Factory Reset” from the list.
- Confirm the factory reset when prompted. This action will erase all personalized settings and restore the gimbal to its default configuration.
After the process is complete, your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 will be reset to its factory settings. Remember to set up your preferences again if necessary.
What is the DJI gimbal app called?
To reset your DJI Osmo 3 Gimbal, you’ll need to use the DJI Mimo app. This powerful mobile application is designed specifically for DJI gimbals and offers a wide range of features to enhance your shooting experience. The DJI Mimo app is available for both iOS and Android devices, making it easily accessible for most users.
Once you have the app installed on your phone or tablet, you can connect it to your DJI Osmo 3 Gimbal using Bluetooth. Simply open the app, navigate to the Settings menu, and locate the option to connect your gimbal. Follow the on-screen prompts to establish a connection.
With the DJI Mimo app, you’ll have complete control over your Osmo 3 Gimbal. You can adjust various settings, including gimbal mode, joystick sensitivity, and follow mode. Additionally, the app provides access to a variety of shooting modes like timelapse, motionlapse, and hyperlapse, allowing you to capture stunning footage with ease.
Whether you’re a professional filmmaker or a hobbyist, the DJI Mimo app is an invaluable tool for maximizing the potential of your DJI Osmo 3 Gimbal. Take full advantage of its features to unlock new creative possibilities and reset your gimbal whenever necessary.
Does DJI Osmo work with Android?
Yes, the DJI Osmo 3 Gimbal is compatible with Android devices, providing you with a versatile and convenient filming experience. To ensure you can pair your Osmo 3 with your Android device, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android phone.
- Search for the “DJI Mimo” app and download it.
- Once the app is installed, launch it on your device.
- Switch on your DJI Osmo 3 Gimbal and put it into pairing mode.
- On your Android device, go to the Wi-Fi settings and connect to the Wi-Fi network named “DJI Gimbal” followed by a series of numbers.
- Return to the DJI Mimo app and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the pairing process.
Once your DJI Osmo 3 Gimbal is successfully connected to your Android device, you can explore the various features and settings offered by the app. With the DJI Mimo app, you can control the gimbal, capture stunning footage, adjust settings, and even create professional-looking video edits with ease.
Whether you are an avid mobile filmmaker or a content creator, the DJI Osmo 3 Gimbal, combined with Android compatibility, provides you with a powerful and user-friendly tool to capture smooth and cinematic shots on your smartphone.
When it comes to choosing the best gimbal for your needs, several factors should be considered. The DJI Osmo 3 Gimbal, especially for users asking “How do I reset my DJI Osmo 3 Gimbal?” is a popular choice due to its advanced features and reliability.
Here are the key reasons why the DJI Osmo 3 Gimbal stands out:
- Stabilization: The Osmo 3 Gimbal offers excellent stabilization capabilities, providing smooth footage even in shaky conditions.
- Portability: Its compact and foldable design makes the Osmo 3 Gimbal easy to carry around, perfect for those on the go.
- Control: With its intuitive controls and ergonomic grip, this gimbal allows for effortless manipulation, ensuring great shots every time.
- Smart Features: The Osmo 3 Gimbal boasts a range of intelligent features like ActiveTrack, which keeps the subject centered, and Gesture Control, allowing for hands-free operation.
- Long Battery Life: Equipped with a high-capacity battery, the Osmo 3 Gimbal can last for extended periods, ensuring you don’t miss any crucial moments.
Ultimately, the best gimbal choice depends on your specific needs, preferences, and budget. However, the DJI Osmo 3 Gimbal’s exceptional stabilization, portability, intuitive controls, smart features, and long battery life make it a top contender in the market.
Hi, my name is Andrew Mcdonald and I am the editor and techincal wizard at Drones-Pro.
I bought my first drone in 2012 and my passion for flying has only grown from there. I love drones and together with Josh Hayden have been an expert on Drones for over 8 years.
I was raised in Iowa, but have since moved to Austin, Texas along with my wife and 2 dogs.