DJI Cendence – Perfect Control
DJI introduced their amazing product for you to efficiently control your drone called the DJI Cendence. This remote controller is compatible with DJI Inspire 2, Matrice 200 series and Crystal sky giving you a complete command over your drone and bringing the best experience out of it.s
It is installed with some great technology like DJI’s Lightbridge which provides you an interference-free connection and five analogue channels. Master and Slave control are also added, I will explain them later in the review.
The controller consists of ten buttons which gives you an easy to use platform and efficient video controls, each button has its own position giving you an instant access to different menu and settings.
It was presented with DJI Crystal Sky which you can mount on the top of the controller on mounting bracket which gives you an excellent outdoor monitoring, this controller is quite flexible as the antennas, and mounting bracket and battery all are detachable.
- Compatibility with Inspire 2 and Matrice 200 series
- High-Gain patch antenna
- 10 customizable buttons
- CrystalSky compatibility
- 5 analog control channels
- Modular Design
Further information about its design, weight and specs is given below.
Design and Specs:
The DJI cendence is very handy and has a quick access design giving you access to so many functions without using the touch screen panel. A wheel is assigned for focus control because while flying the Inspire 2 users either had to buy a separate focusing device or use autofocus function which doesn’t always give the best experience.
Short video on the DJI Cendence.
This upgraded controller is a bit heavier than the previous controllers, its weight is 1.1 kg with the standard antenna and reaches 1.4 kg with patch antenna but when it is fully attached with CrystalSky its total weight reaches 1.8 kg. This Controller is big and upgraded with many buttons you cannot simply hold it and operate every button when your grip is on the stick, people with big hands are quite lucky.
|Operating Frequency||2.400-2.483 GHz; 5.725-5.825 GHz|
|Max Transmitting Distance (unobstructed, free of interference)||2.4 GHz: 4.3 miles (7 km, FCC); 2.2 miles (3.5 km, CE); 2.5 miles (4 km, SRRC)|
5.8 GHz: 4.3 miles (7 km, FCC); 1.2 miles (2 km, CE); 3.1 miles (5 km, SRRC)
|EIRP||2.4 GHz: 26 dBm (FCC); 17 dBm (CE); 20 dBm (SRRC)|
5.8 GHz: 28 dBm (FCC); 14 dBm (CE); 20 dBm (SRRC)
|Power Supply||Intelligent Battery (Type: WB37-4920mAh-7.6V)|
|Intelligent Battery||4923 mAh LiPo|
|Output Power||20 W (supplying power to DJI CS550 monitor)|
12 W (without supplying power to monitor)
|Video Output Ports||USB, HDMI, SDI|
|USB Supply Power||iOS: 1 A, 5.2 V (Max); Android: 1.5 A, 5.2 V (Max)|
|Dual User Capability||Master-and-Slave connection|
|Operating Temperature||-4 ° to 104 °F (-20 ° to 40 °C)|
|Storage Temperature||Less than 3 months: -4 ° to 113 °F (-20 °to 45 °C)|
More than 3 months: 72 °to 82 °F (22 °to 28 °C)
|Charging Temperature||32 ° to 104 °F (0 °to 40 °C)|
|Charging Time||About 2 hours and 24 minutes (using a 180 W charger)|
|Supply Power Time||About 4 hours (only Master remote controller function enabled and without supplying power to monitor)|
Specs taken straight from dji.com
What’s inside the box?
The complete package includes:
- Cendence Remote Controller Support Rig x 1
- Screwdriver x 1
- Screw x 2
- Cendence Control Stick Cover Mounting Key x 1
- Remote Controller Strap x 1
DJI Cendence Buttons and Functions:
It is loaded with many buttons and functions so I labelled each part of DJI Cendence for a better understanding
- Antennas – Standard antennas to send communications between the Cendence and the drone. The antenna can be removed.
- Monitor Mounting Bracket – Used to mount a CrystalSky monitor to the Cendence via a direct USB-C port. This can be exchanged for a mobile device holder if required. Holder purchased separately.
- Control Sticks – Used to control the drone’s movement. Three modes available.
- Strap Hood – Used to attach a lanyard for added support.
- Focus Adjustment Knob – Change the focal length of the camera by twisting the knob.
- Return to Home (RTH) – Used to activate the RTH function.
- Power Port – Used with the Cendence charger to charge the battery.
- EV Setting Button – Used to change the exposure value of the camera. Hold the button and use the camera settings dial (15) to change.
- Shutter Setting Button – Used to change the shutter speed of the camera. Hold the button and use the camera settings dial (15) to change.
- Aperture Setting Button – Used to change the camera’s aperture. Hold the button and use the camera settings dial (15) to change.
- ISO Setting Button – Used to change the camera’s ISO. Hold the button and use the camera settings dial (15) to change.
- Pause Button – Exit Intelligent Flight Modes by tapping once.
- Power Button – Standard power button to turn on/off the remote controller.
- Remote Controller Display – LCD screen that displays information on the drone.
- Camera Setting Dial – Used to adjust the values of the camera buttons.
- Customizable Button Settings Menu – Enter the Cendence menu and change the button functionality.
- Customizable Buttons (BA to BH) – Custom buttons.
- Customizable Buttons (C1 to C4) – Custom buttons.
- Left Lever – Custom buttons.
- Right Lever – Custom buttons.
- Battery Release – Used to remove the battery.
- Intelligent Battery – WB37 battery.
- Battery Level LEDs – Used to show battery level.
- Battery Level Button – Used to show battery level on the battery.
- Remote Controller Support Rig – Used to support the weight of the Cendence.
- Handle Bar – Used to hold the Cendence.
- Patch Antenna Mounting Holes – Used to mount the Cendence Patch Antenna.
- Left Dial – Used to control gimbal tilt.
- Flight Mode Switch – Change the mode of the aircraft.
- USB Port – Used to connect a third party device to Cendence.
- HDMI A Port – HDMI port for video output at 1080i 50 fps and 720p 60 fps.
- CAN Bus Port – Connect third-party CAN Bus devices.
- Micro USB Port – Used to update the Cendence firmware.
- SDI Port – SDI Port for video output at 1080i 50 fps and 720p 60 fps. This can be used for live broadcasting.
- Right Dial – Used to control gimbal pan.
- Auto Focus Button – Used to automatically focus the camera.
- Record Button – Start and stop camera recording.
- Shutter Button – Used to take a picture. Also available in video mode.
Master and Slave Control:
With the Master or Slave control you can have high precision control over your drone
Mater Control – it is used to take control of the drone movement which includes takeoffs and landings etc.
Slave Control – it provides easy use of gimbal and actions of camera for the best shot and recording of video.
These two connections maintains communication over Wi-Fi for consistent control over drone. The set up of Master and Slave Control of DJI Cendence controller can be done through the controller settings which is available on DJI GO 4 app, simply select the Master remote and set of authorization code for the Slave mode then enter the settings on the Slave controller and search for Master remote where u can enter the authorization code to get connected.
The remote controller is equipped with detachable battery that has a functioning time of four hours, when you run out of the power you can simply swap a charged battery or either charge the DJI Cendence via power port. The battery of Cendence and CrystalSky is kept same for better product synergy.
- Why does Cendence have SDI ports?
- It enables Cendence to work in live broadcasting scenarios by exporting Standard Broadcasting Signals via SDI port.
- What are the CAN ports on Cendence used for?
- The CAN ports are used to connect DJI Cendence to DJI Focus, Multilink or external GPS module.
- What do I do if video transmission signal are weak when using Cendence?
- The weak transmission signals are generally caused by any interference, check if there’s any interference in the area and then adjust the antenna direction accordingly.
- What are the functions of the LCD display?
- The LCD indicates the status about battery, remote controller, flight status etc.
This product is an amazing tool for the professionals giving you a whole new level of drone control but that’s not the only case, if you are new to DJI Cendence it will look a little complex due to many configurations and buttons but once you get a grip on it you will forget about all the previous controllers due to its precise drone controlling algorithms and quick access, It will allow you to increase your drone capability and overall functioning.
So forget about all the old controllers because it’s time to get your hands on this amazing DJI Cendence.
Hi, my name is Josh Hayden and I am the head writer and editor on Drones-Pro website.
I bought my first drone in 2011 and my passion for flying has only grown from there. I love drones and enjoy reviewing them for you.
I live in Iowa, got 2 kids, loving wife and a dog.