Imagine yourself staring in disbelief at your drone as it flies away unresponsive to your desperate attempts to gain control.
Beside the luck aspect of getting a faulty drone or a software glitch, there are a few things you can do to increase your chances of recovering your drone, hopefully in one piece.
1. Stickers and Labels
- Proudly permanent ink marks on paper, plastic, metal, and most other surfaces
- Intensely brilliant colors create eye-popping, vibrant impressions
- Remarkably resilient ink dries quickly and resists fading and water; AP certified
- Endlessly versatile chisel tip is perfect for countless uses in the classroom, office, home, and beyond
- Colorful options: Includes 4 Black Sharpie permanent markers
Before you start flying your drone, consider getting a marker and write your name and contact number on it. Some of you, have stickers with these details, use them. You might want to consider offering a reward as well, either monetary or something else, get creative.
2. Tracking Devices
- As thin as two credit cards, tile slim easily slides into your wallet, purse or pocket. Tile slim can also be attached to a laptop, tablet, notebook...
- Use your smartphone to make your tile slim ring when it's nearby but out of sight. Water resistant: Up to IP57 standards
- Can't find your phone? Simply double press the button on your tile slim to make your phone ring even on silent
- The easy to use, free Tile app remembers the last time and place it saw your tile, so if you left it somewhere, you'll always know where to look
- If your Tile isn't where you left it, you can anonymously enlist the help of the Tile community in your search
There are tracking devices and tags which can help in locating your lost drone. One such technology is Tile. The Tile works by a tiny Bluetooth tracker that you attach or stick to your drone. Then you keep track of its location using the Tile App. One caveat though, it works within Bluetooth range which is at best up to 100 ft. It works if you have an idea in what area your drone is but can’t really see it, so you would use this to zero in on the exact location.
- Worldwide Coverage: Trackimo devices can be tracked anywhere in the world where cellular reception exists at no additional cost or roaming data...
- Smart Alerts: Trackimo devices can alert on location change, crossing user-defined speed limits, sudden movement or impact, as well as alerts...
- Virtual Fences: Users can define multiple “fences” around any area on the map, and get alerts when the devices crosses a virtual fence border.
- Devices: Activating is straight forward, it just takes you time. Access the Trackimo application from your smartphone, tablet or Tracking is quick and...
- Accessories: A weatherproof silicon case, micro-USB charging cable, sturdy belt-pouch and strong magnetic stripe for attachment.
Trackimo is another tracking device which can be used to save your drone from getting lost. Trackimo works by GPS and you can know at all times where your drone is, assuming it didn’t hide itself from you, in a cave.
- FIND REMOTES, GADGETS AND MORE: Tile Sticker features an adhesive back, making it easy to stick onto your remote control or other gadgets. This finder...
- FIND NEARBY: Use the Tile app to ring your Tile Sticker when it’s within 150 feet
- FIND FAR AWAY: When outside of Bluetooth range, use the Tile app to view your Tile’s most recent location or enlist the safe and anonymous help of...
- FIND YOUR PHONE: Use your Tile to find your phone, even when it’s on silent
- UPGRADE YOUR FINDING EXPERIENCE: Subscribe to Premium or Premium Protect for proactive finding features and enhanced services including Item...
Another Bluetooth solution to track your drone is Sticker Tracker. Works in a similar fashion as the Tile. The main advantage of this is the crowd GPS coverage network which can help you find your lost drone.
Let’s Wrap Things Up
These are just a few ways to avoid losing your drone. If you have some great tips on how to not lose your drone, feel free to let everybody know in the comments.