Beginners piloting drones often come across the question how to turn off DJI drone. If you do not know how to turn off a UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) manufactured by DJI, you are in the right place to discover the answer in a detailed and easy-to-understand fashion with reference to the different models of DJI drones.
It is quite common that many DJI users to want to know how to turn off a DJI flying machine and its remote controller. If you have found yourself in such a situation, the good news is that this procedure is very simple once you learn it.
The universal process to turn off a DJI drone is to press and release the power button once and press it once again and hold. The drone will turn off following a beep sound. In this write-up, we will discuss how to turn off different models of DJI drones and their controllers.
How to turn off DJI drone
How to Turn Off DJI Mavic Mini Drone
Turning off DJI Mavic Mini drone is a common problem the drone owners face. It is very easy to turn off this model. Here’s how to do it:
- Step 1: Press and release the power button
- Step 2: Press and hold the power button for longer until the tail light and indicator lights turn off
This process will turn the drone off.
Some users of this model still say their device does not get turned off even after following the procedure above.
If you too happen to share this experience, I would say, you try to operate your drone with another battery to check if the problem sets right.
If you find the battery is not the problem, it is necessary that you perform a firmware refresh to the Mavic Mini drone to solve the issue once for all.
Note: Remember to turn off the controller first before trying to turn off the drone.
DJI Mavic Mini is an outstanding model in the low price drone segment with minimal features. Released by DJI in 2019, this compact drone model has inherited most of the features sported by larger and more expensive models DJI has championed.
The only compromise the drone makes to keep down its weight and price is that it can only shoot 2.7K video and you can’t depend on it for 4K video. However, 2.7K is a decent video specification which most people will find good enough. At not more than half a pound, the device is only somewhat heavier than an iPhone.
Due to its extreme portability, DJI Mavic Mini is a popular choice among drone lovers. The compact size of the model has ruled out the hassles of carrying heavier gears while going on casual trips to shoot photos and videos.
How to turn off DJI Mavic Mini drone controller
If you wonder how to turn on and turn off the DJI Mavic Mini drone controller, the process is easy just like turning off the drone. Nevertheless, a lot of new owners of this model struggle to do this.
Steps to to turn the controller on:
- Step 1: Press the power button once. This will indicate the battery level to you.
- Step 2: Push and hold the power button and the controller will turn on.
Steps to turn the controller off:
- Step 1: Press the power button once and release it.
- Step 2: Press and release the power button till you hear a beep sound. This is an indication that the controller is turned off.
If you will still have problems in turning the controller off, I will recommend performing a firmware update for the controller, which must fix the issue.
How to turn off DJI Mini 2 drone
If you have owned a Mini 2 recently and do not know how to turn it off, follow this simple process.
- Step-1: Press the drone’s power button once and release it.
- Step-2: Press the button once again and hold it for some time.
While getting turned off, the drone will give out a beep sound indicating that it has been powered down.
DJI Mini 2 drone followed its predecessor in about a year. DJI Mini 2 also weighs not more than half a pound and is equally portable like the earlier model. However, the drone maker has made some improvisations in this model to address several concerns reported by the users of DJI Mavic Mini.
Some common downsides in the original Mini included setbacks in transmission and its ability to capture images only in JPEG format. Mini 2 effectively addressed these concerns and some others too. This model comes with a better quality camera that can capture 4K/30p videos. It can capture both RAW and JPEG files. It features the drone maker’s versatile OcuSync 2.0 technology for transmission.
How to turn off DJI Mini 2 controller
The DJI Mini 2 drone controller is a user-friendly device and it is very rare that you will find some problems in it. A quick press of the controller will turn the indicator lights on and will indicate the battery level.
To turn on the controller follow these steps:
- Step-1: press the power button once and release it.
- Step-2: Press it once again and hold it for a longer time. The indicator lights will be on. If the controller is not connected to the drone, the indicator lights will blink. They will stop blinking once the controller and the drone are connected.
To power off the DJI Mini 2 controller follow these steps:
- Step-1: Press the power button and release it.
- Step-2: Press the power button and hold it for a longer time and you will listen to a beep sound which is an indication that the controller has been turned off.
How to turn off DJI Mavic Pro drone
It is quite simple to switch off the Mavic Pro drone in the following steps.
- Step-1: Press the power button on the drone and release it.
- Step-2: Press the power button to hold it for a few seconds to see the drone turning off.
DJI Mavic Pro is also one another compact member from DJI. The product weighs 1.64 pounds and this is a representative member of highly portable drones. Despite its compact size, it is one another sophisticated drone model ably crafted by DJI. This drone can generate 4K videos of professional quality at 30fps and can capture 12 MP pictures of high clarity. This is a foldable drone.
Released in 2016, this is a budget-friendly model if you are willing to compromise with some high-end specifications you will find in other better DJI drone models.
How to turn off DJI Mavic Pro controller
You can turn on the controller in these simple steps:
- Step-1: Press the power button once and hold it for a bit and the controller will be turned on.
To turn the controller off, follow these steps:
- Step-1: Press the controller’s power button once and it will indicate the battery level.
- Step-2: Press the controller’s power button once again.
The controller will turn off after giving a beep sound. Smart controllers can be powered off with a single long press of the power button.
How to turn off DJI Mavic Air drone
To turn off DJI Mavic Air drone, follow these simple steps:
- Step-1: Press the power button on the drone once and release it.
- Step-2: Press it again and this time hold it for some time. The drone will produce a beep sound and then the lights will turn off.
Small in size, the DJI Mavic Air drone has some highly inspiring specifications. This compact model sports a 12MP camera and the manufacturer has tucked in some useful shooting and flying modes. The video capture data rate of this drone is 100Mbps. When folded, it can fit inside your palm.
Though DJI has not intended this model for professionals, hobbyists passionate to use a drone for their aerial videos and photographs will find this model surely awesome.
Many new owners of this drone model are tripped up by the question how to power off DJI Mavic Air drone.
How to turn off DJI Mavic Air drone controller
Turn off the DJI Mavic Air controller in these steps.
- Step-1: Press down the power button on the drone once. The device will indicate the battery level.
- Step-2: Press the controller button once again and it will turn off the remote controller.
Some users might face problems in turning off the Mavic Air Controller. If you find the above instructions for turning off the drone’s remote controller does not work, you may do a firmware update for both your drone and the controller, which will help identify and set right the issue.
How to turn off DJI Mavic Air 2 drone
You can turn off a DJI Mavic Air 2 drone in the following steps.
- Step-1: Press the power button once and release it.
- Step-2: Press it once again and this time hold it for a few seconds and then release. You will hear a beep sound and the device will turn off.
To switch on the drone once again, follow the same process.
DJI has engineered this drone as a foldable model and this model marks a tremendous upgrade over its predecessor. Therefore, a majority of those using this model say this is one of the perfect drone models to reckon with. Occurring in the midway between DJI’s economical and pricey models, this model is rich in features you will want in a drone.
At 1.3 pounds weight, DJI Mavic Air 2 drone is quite portable and is able to shoot in 4K and 60fps. The video recording specifications include 120 Mbps and the camera captures 1080p slow motion video at 120 and 240 fps.
Despite its several interesting features, the drone confuses many of its new owners when it comes to switching off the device. Nevertheless, you will find turning off this model an easy procedure.
How to turn off DJI Mavic Air 2 controller
To turn off DJI Mavic Air 2 controller follow these steps.
- Step-1: Press the power button on the controller once and you will see the battery level indicated.
Step-2: Press the power button once again and hold it for some time, which will turn off the remote controller.
Jon is a passionate photographer and videographer who has been flying DJI drones for over 5 years. He loves the freedom and creativity that comes with capturing aerial footage and the unique perspective it provides. Jon is always on the lookout for new locations to explore and capture with his DJI drones. His favorite DJI drone is the Mavic 2 Pro, which he uses to capture stunning 4K footage with its Hasselblad camera. Jon is always eager to share his knowledge and experience with other drone enthusiasts and is a member of several online drone communities. When he’s not flying his DJI drone, Jon enjoys hiking, camping, and spending time with his family.